Postural Restoration UK (PRI)
Only UK & Europe Postural Restoration Certified (PRC) Therapist
I am proud to be at the forefront of an exciting approach to treatment known as Postural Restoration® (PRI). I became the first UK & European based Postural Restoration Certified® (PRC) therapist in 2015.
I have been fortunate enough to have benefited from 1:1 training in Nebraska, U.S.A. with the founder of PRI, Ron Hruska at the Postural Restoration Institute. In addition to this, I am proud to have been the host for annual PRI Courses since 2014, led by PRI faculty instructors, Mike Cantrell and Jennifer Poulin.
Asymmetrical movement patterns, coupled with individual habits or injury lead to stress, strain and torque on joints, tendons and muscles, and over time breakdown and pain occur.
Problems occur when this patterning becomes so dominant that your body does not understand how to perform activities in any other way. As a result, compensations develop. When mixed with time, repetitive motion or strain, pain develops.
I see the body as a system. Compensation or instability in one area will directly affect another. I take the whole body into account and look at how all the parts interact with one another, resulting in better outcomes and more efficient movement throughout your body.
Want to know if I can help you?
Want to know more about POSTURAL RESTORATION?
This approach addresses underlying biomechanics which can often lead to symptoms of pain and dysfunction. All mechanical influences on the body that restrict movement and contribute to improper joint and muscle position are considered, examined, and assessed.
Postural Restoration approach is taught nationally in the United States through the Postural Restoration Institute™ (PRI) which is based in Lincoln,Nebraska.
The Postural Restoration Institute™ (PRI) was founded by Ron Hruska to explore and explain the science of postural adaptations, asymmetrical patterns and the influence of muscles chains on the human body. The development of Postural restoration is based on innovative treatment that addresses primary contributions of postural movement dysfunction.
Postural restoration is dedicated to clinical education, research and the ongoing search for improved pathways of physical medicine. It offers resources, educational opportunities, research, and patient-care programs to healthcare professionals who wish to maximise their assessment and treatment skills in the integration and use of respiration, myokinematics and neuromuscular techniques to reduce postural imbalances.
To learn more about the science of Postural Restoration, please visit posturalrestoration.com
Is postural restoration right for you?
What i do
- I assess and treat the cause of pain and injury
- My clients/patients are actively involved in their treatment
- I only work with patients/clients that are committed to the treatment process to ensure long term success
- I give you the tools to reduce your pain and minimise your risk of further injury
- I will give you a clear plan for how we can help you get back in control of your body
WHAT I don't DO
- I don't treat symptoms
- I do not use any machines, dry needling or acupuncture
- I do not focus on the problem area, we consider the whole body
- I don't offer 'passive' treatment
- With more complex cases, I don't work alone. I work hand-in-hand as part of a team with other specialists including dentists, behavioural optometrists and PRI podiatrists.